2. Acts as an antioxidant and protects the stomach from alcohol and smoking-induced damage;
3. Has anti-inflammatory properties and moderates production of interleukin-8;
4. Adheres to ulcerations, acts as a barrier between them and stomach acids and helps to heal them;
5. Inhibits activity of Helicobacter pylori bacteria;
6. Does not interfere with the production of prostaglandins essential to the mucosal lining of the stomach;
7.Strengthens these mucosal linings and stimulates production of protective mucous.